Antique 1901 Cancelled Checks - S/10
This set of 10 antique cancelled checks from 1901, and were issued by the Second National Bank in Allentown, PA. Checks run numerically from 4096-4105 and are dated from March 21, 1901 to April 4, 1901. All checks are signed by a John Berg.
Several of the higher dollar checks are made out to Knauth, Nachod & Kuhne, a German-American owned New York Stock Exchange banking firm. The bank largely devoted its attention to the sale of remittances to Europe, which were largely bought by immigrants sending money back to the countries they had come from. This brought it into contact with banks in the interior of the United States, which had such business, but no facilities for handling it. It was also widely known in Europe and the outside world.
All checks are affixed with a two cent Carmine Rose USS Maine Battleship revenue stamp from 1898.
A great gift for both collectors of vintage ephemera and stamp collectors.
- Materials: Paper
- Finish: Pink, Red, White, Black
- Product Dimensions: 3"H x 8"W
- Condition: This item is in vintage condition, and is being sold as such. Please review photos for specifics. Additional photos available upon request.
- #DomaciFlea items are sold as-is
- Typically Arrives Within 7-10 Business Days