"One Hundred Years Of Progressive Merchandising: A.B. Wyckoff Stroudsburg, PA"
Touted as the "largest small-town store in Pennsylvania", the former A.B. Wycoff department store of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania traced its origins to 1850 and a Conestoga Wagon driven by Daniel and Jacob Wyckoff and piled high with "big city" goods from New York. Founded with a philosophy of "small profit and quick turn-over", the business truly flourished under the leadership of Jacob's son Amzi B., who opened Stroudsburg's first dry goods store on April 17, 1875. Originally called, "The New York Store", the once humble shop grew into a modern department store. To the lament of many, in the face of a changing retail environment that moved away from Main Street America, Wyckoff's closed in 1982.
This rare vintage 13 page booklet celebrates the happier years of the business, tracing its history and merchandising strategies from the Conestoga Wagon in 1850 to the modern department store as it existed and operated in the 1950's. An interesting gift for small business owners and students of retail history.
- Title: "One Hundred Years Of Progressive Merchandising: A.B. Wyckoff Stroudsburg, PA"
- Research by Dr. LeRoy Koehler
- Compiled by Jack Anderson
- Drawings by Wood Woolsey
- Date: 1950's
- Condition: This item is in vintage condition and is being sold as as-is. Please review photos for specifics.