"Sail, Steam, And Splendour" by Byron S. Miller
Few people will ever again have the opportunity to experience what is was like to cross the Atlantic in an ocean liner. This lavish and exquisitely designed book offers the next best thing. With a lively text and hundreds of fascinating contemporary pictures, many never before reproduced, "Sail, Steam, and Splendour"vividly recreates the color of life on board during the 150 years that the liners plied the Great Circle Route between Europe and America. It is the story of the millions of passengers of all classes - socialites and emigrants, adventurers and summer tourists who took part in the whole extravagant spectacle.
- Title: "Sail, Steam, And Splendour: A Picture History Of Life Aboard The Transatlantic Liners"
- Author: Byron S. Miller
- Foreward by: Frank O. Braynard
- Publisher: Times Books
- Year of Publication: 1977
- Original dust jacket included
- Condition: This item is in vintage condition and is being sold as as-is. Due to age, please expect some minor imperfections.