Vintage Lord Simcoe Canada Swizzle Sticks, S/4
The Lord Simcoe Hotel was built in 1956 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The 20 story concrete and glass modernist structure was designed by Henry T. Langston and Peter Dickinson. The hotel was named for John Graves Simcoe, Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada and a resident of York, Upper Canada (now Toronto). The name was somewhat incorrect as Simcoe was never called a Lord. Located on the northeast corner of King Street and University Avenue, it was closed in 1979 and torn down in 1981. The hotel was unable to compete with other downtown hotels due to a lack of central air conditioning and convention space.
This rare four piece set of vintage swizzle sticks from the short-lived Lord Simcoe hotel would make a great gift for Toronto history buffs or fans of vintage hotel memorabilia.
- Materials: Plastic
- Finish: Yellow (3), Red (1)
- Approximate Dimensions: 6.5"
- Condition: This item is in vintage condition and is being sold as as-is.